By M.W. Whitaker
Music is one of those universal pleasures that regardless of where someone is in the world, they likely enjoy some sort of music.
Here are some songs that to me, sum up what it means to be a Witch:
- Age of Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In-The 5th Dimension/The Flesh Failures Great sing along, mystical, and from a musical that ties into Reclaiming nicely: Hair.
- Heal the World-Michael JacksonThis song makes me remember that we are not apart from this world, we are a part of it.
- What the World Needs Now-Jackie DeShannon. We all need love in this world, even the people who seem to deserve it less.
- Put a Little Love in Your Heart-Jackie DeShannon.The lyrics, the upbeat melody and yes, it’s Jackie DeShannon.
- Crystal Blue Persuasion-Tommy James and the Shondells. Makes me sigh and long for this in the world.
- Give a Little Bit-Supertramp
Sharing, smiling, and giving to each other.
- Man in the Mirror-Michael Jackson “If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change.” Nuff said?
- Colors of the Wind-Vanessa Williams You don’t get much more pagan than this, and hey, it’s Disney.
- I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing-The New Seekers If you’re over a certain age, this will probably make you want a Coke. Still though it’s a nice song and it does make you want to join hands with someone.
- Better Make it Better-Swing Out Sister We are only here a short while. Do what we can to make the world a better place than when we got here.
- Bless the Beasts and the Children-The Carpenters-. Karen Carpenter’s haunting voice, great song, and a bittersweet movie.
This is not a comprehensive list, but it gives you an idea of who I am as a witch. What about you? What songs make you think and feel?